Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I - ME - MY: It's all about me


It's All About Me Jesus
 
 
I love being a part of our church's praise and worship team.  About once a month I refile all the music that we've used that month in an alphabetical file folder.
  
Today I noticed that one of the folders is MUCH bigger than the rest.  It's the folder labeled
 
...   I   ...
  
Hmm. 
 
And then it hit me.  Even our worship is all about us.  We sing, "It's all about You, It's all about You Jesus!"
  
If only it were true.
 
I want - I will - I hope - I dream
My desire - My joy - My wish
 
I write music and I have to admit that some of my lyrics are self-focused too.  The wonder of God loving me is - astonishing really.
 
But I want GOD to be seen above all.
 
A window!  Yes, that's what I want to be.  It's not there to be looked at, just through.
 
 
John 3:30
HE must increase but I must decrease.
 
 



2 comments:

  1. So true Sally...me, me, me....but my prayer is for Him to change it in me to HIM, HIM, HIM...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently read the book by John MacArthur called "Slave." It really challenged my thinking on my position before God and others. "I am not my own. I'm bought with a price." I'm not a hired hand with rights, I'm owned by my Master. What a blessing that he bought me with His Own Blood! These realities are hitting me right in the heart lately.

      Delete