Thursday, May 31, 2012

I MET WITH YOU - Rejoicing in the privilege of casting all my cares on HIM!


I met with You alone in wakeful hours last night

Just a bit discouraged at my unworthy fight

Again as ever always You welled up deep within

My heart laid bare before You and You forgave again



I met with You this morning; came to worship with the saints

The children sang Your praises in full voice without restraints

They wriggled, danced and lifted hands in such abandoned way

It nearly broke my heart in two to hear you loved that way



I met with You today as my shepherd taught Your Word

He faithfully etched into me the truths I read and heard

Unfolding wondrous mysteries; enlightening corners dark

The hating world - the loving Lord; the contrast ever stark



I met with You this afternoon while praying for those I love

A growing peace seemed to increase I’m so unworthy of

The lost, the sick, the weak, the blind weigh heavy on my heart

Your yoke is easy; weight is light if shared right from the start



I’ll meet with You this evening when day turns into night

Prepare a meal, relax and heal but always keeping sight

Of why I love to live a life that’s set on honoring You

For late last night I feared the fight.  I’m glad I met with You!

1 comment: