Friday, May 4, 2012

YOU WERE THERE (thoughts on Divine election)






From ancient history You set Your sights on me
You formed my destiny to make me Your own
While yet unformed was I conceived in sin to die
But the Apple of Your Eye.  Such grace You have shown

You were there - seeking out my very heart

You were reaching form the start
Seeing every sin and still you chose to love and save me
There - to make my mind conceive
And make my heart believe
Pouring grace and love and all the blessings that You gave me

Jesus both God and man You fulfilled the whole plan
You died but rose again that I might live too
You never sinned or lied and yet were crucified
"It is finished" then You cried.  What more could you do?
 
 I never could repay the price you had to pay
Just live for You each day and walk in Your love
When facing the unknown I never walk alone
It's clear I'm heading home to heaven above
You'll be there - Seeking out my very heart

And we'll never be apart
Then we'll comprehend the fullness of the gospel story
There - the crowns that we receive
We'll cast before Your feet
Resurrected we, with eyes unveiled will see Your glory

No comments:

Post a Comment